Do you ever feel like you’re not reaching your potential or you’re simply not who you want to be?
I get that and it kinda sucks… I used to lay in bed thinking about the future Emilee and what she might be like. She was always this outspoken, confident person that could accomplish anything she set her mind to. I wondered if I could ever be that person or if this future Emilee could ever exist, and for a long time I didn’t think she could. It was difficult to think I could never be the person I wanted to be.
Turns out, I was straight up WRONG. I’ve never been so happy to be wrong in my life!
I want to share the steps I took to grow into who I am today in hopes to help you turn into your dream self too.
To get to your ideal person you must:
- Have an idea of who you want to be.
- Examine your life as to see what changes you’ll need to make to achieve that idea.
- Make the daily choice to work towards that person.
- Be ready to live outside of your comfort zone on the regular. (This gets easier with practice)
- And lastly, be consistent with your choices.
I don’t want to lie to you, it can be a difficult journey and, like I said, you will have to get out of your comfort zone, but its well worth it. Let’s get started!
First, take a moment to imagine who you want to be. Write down the desired personality traits, the vibe you want to give off, how you want to look, how you want to carry yourself and the habits you want to have.
Second, I want you to think about who you are now and why you are struggling to be your ideal version of you. Why do you struggle to keep a routine? Why are you not eating as well as you could? Why do you avoid talking in social gatherings? Are you afraid of being judged? I want you to be honest here. I know evaluating yourself can be difficult, but it is necessary if you want to change.
Real Talk: I want to make sure you know there is NOTHING wrong with who you are now, and it is also okay if you want to make some changes as long as you are make the changes for YOU. Heads up, people will more than likely comment on your changes and you just have to be confident in your decisions and stand firm. If they don’t like it, oh. well. You do you, babe.
Okay, you have your ideal you in mind, you have it written down and you know what battles you’ll have to face to get there. Now it’s time for you to fight.
Third, post the list you made onto your bathroom mirror as a reminder of where you want to be. Examine your list to pick out the easiest thing to change and only focus on that one thing. This will make it seem less intimidating and will help you narrow your focus. Before you start acting on this new goal, you need to imagine yourself doing it. Then, start making strides towards this goal NOW; strike while the iron is hot (like you 😘).
The first several times you follow through with that change, it will feel strange and uncomfortable, and that’s okay. This is where consistency is super important. The more often you do something, the quicker it becomes second nature. Get out of your head and do the thing. You’ve got this 💪.
Fourth, when you feel more comfortable with the changes you’ve made, move on to the next thing on your list and start again! Just keep going and you’ll be who you want to be in no time!
Here are some examples of first steps you could take:
- If overcoming your fear of talking to people is the goal, then start by speaking up at the next family gathering or your friends’ night out. You don’t have to talk the whole time, just start by saying one or two things more than you normally would and go from there! Next thing you know you’re talking to the barista for 30 mins about cats!
- If confidence is an issue, make progress by fixing your posture. Hold your head up high, lift your chest and bring your shoulders down out of your ears. Think about your posture as often as you can and adjust when necessary. This is a small start to working on your confidence. You may need to dig a little deeper and understand that YOU HAVE VALUE! You are an incredible person who deserves good things. Own the space you’re in and learn to love who you are.
- If you want to be a bit healthier, start with your hygiene; develop a skincare routine, floss and brush your teeth every day, keep your hair clean, ect. I know this one seems weird, but this helps you get in the habit of taking care of yourself. From there, start drinking more water and add more veggies into your diet. And finally, find a workout routine that best fits you and your lifestyle. Be consistent will ALL of this. You’re worth the effort.
- If you goal is to change your ‘vibe’, follow the previous recommendations and, again, understand you have value. Own your space and live you life the way YOU want to, not the way your friends or family want. This is YOUR life and YOU need to be happy with it. Once you understand your value and find your happiness, your vibe will change and others will know how truly wonderful you are.
Ultimately, life you life out loud, live outside of your comfort zone, understand your value and don’t mind what others think. This is YOUR life, live it the way YOU want.
You are capable of whatever you want to do, just believe in yourself and give it all you got.
♪♪♪ For musical encouragement listen to Wings by Little Mix and I am Invincible by Cassadee Pope
If you have questions or need help with any part of this feel free to get in touch! I’m here for you.
Just keep going